LOOK FOR MORE LOVE NOTES

Google

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Below are some of my favorite quotations I've found on the subject of love.

"Love has the power of making you believe what you would normally treat with the deepest suspicion." - Mirabeau
"When you love someone, all your saved-up wishes start coming out." - Elizabeth Bowen
"Never go to bed mad. Stay up and fight." - Phyllis Diller
"I detest 'love lyrics.' I think one of the causes of bad mental health in the United States is that people have been raised on 'love lyrics." - Frank Zappa
"I should like to see any kind of a man, distinguishable from a gorilla, that some good and even pretty woman could not shape a husband out of." - Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark, or an exclamation point. That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know." - Mistinguett
"You'd be surprised how much it costs to look this cheap." - Dolly Parton
"I feel like Zsa Zsa Gabor's eighth husband on her wedding night: I know what I'm supposed to do... I just have to figure out a way to make it interesting." - many attributions
"The most wasted day is that in which we have not laughed." - Chamfort
"Thou art to me a delicious torment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments: